Saturday, January 07, 2012

Day 01

Day 1 of 30-Day Challenges

Finally, I have decided to start the Photo and Music Challenges.

Today, I would be talking all about myself, and you would be able to get to know more about yours truly.



Ten facts about aester:

1. I am Filipino-Chinese, hailing from the south-western part of the Philippines. I obviously come from two conservative races.

Tradition has been running my life for the past decades. Currently, I am trying to break away from the moulding left by the ultra-conservative family that was left for me to fill in. Don't be mistaken, I am grateful for the teachings and values that were instilled by my family and elders. However, I do believe that change is needed for to grow and to shape myself into a better me.

2. Photography is my passion. I capture and paint the light. I try to make an art out of it.

3. I am a living frustration. Singing and dancing are two talents that were never given to me. I am also inefficient in the kitchen. The best that I can come up with from the depths kitchen is a plate of instant noodles.

4. I come from the South. Went to the country's capital city. Survived five years of university education, plus part-time work. Came back to the South for a year of soul-searching. Went to a foreign country to know more about my roots and its culture. Came home again, and have been staying here in my hometown for the last two years.

Right now, I am challenging myself to go the distance and look for a career suitable for my passion. I am hoping to go back to the Metro Jungle before the year, or the world, ends.

5. I am certified TV junkie. Ironically, I watch television shows on the Internet.  Most of the shows that I watch are US crime dramas, slapstick comedies, cute cartoons, and reality talent searches. I also spend quite some time watching daytime talk shows. In addition to my television watchlist are docu-dramas from different news and educational programs.

6. I sometimes isolate mentally away from my own self. It is a way for me to take a step back, and observe and assess what I have done so far to myself and to others.

7. During my down period, I would indulge in my sweet cravings of chocolate cupcakes and doughnuts. Sometimes, to balance out the sweetness in myself, I would go on a salty-food binge. I know I have an unhealthy eating pattern. I do try to stay healthy as much as possible. However, when emotions, and hormones, kick in, I have no choice but to satisfy my gastronomical wants.

8. I have a soft spot for kids. I love cuddly babies. I dream of having one of my own - biological or adopted. Although, I am not ready for motherhood, yet. But I do dream of that day to come.

9. aester in numbers:

  • 24 - current age

  • 36 - followers on Twitter

  • 8 - languages spoken

  • 4 - number of siblings

  • 3 - countries that I have been to

  • 597 - friends on Facebook

  • 12 - age when I discovered my passion for writing

  • 1 - camera that I have my own, which is a Canon 450D

  • 2 - items ticked off my Bucket List

  • 7.5 - size of my foot


10. I am a Potter-head. 'Nuff said.

 

For my favorite song, I would like to share with you this sweet song by Bic Runga. It talks about falling in love and wanting to be with that person for the rest of your life, asking him to stay with you til the end of time. Here is Sway: